Inspired by the Wattle Seed Collective community on Instagram and a little desperate for another way to keep on top of the never ending tomato crop, I tried making semi-dried tomatoes for the first time too.
|Sweetest semi-dried tomatoes|
- Preheated oven to 100 degrees Celsius on fan bake
- Washed and sliced the tomatoes
- Roughly tore rosemary and thyme
- Combined the herbs, tomatoes, garlic cloves in a bowl with a splash of olive oil
- Spread out on oven trays (tomatoes skin side down)
- Cooked until semi-dried (mine took approximately 5-6hrs)
- Spooned into sterilised jars and completely covered with olive oil.
It is such an easy way to preserve a glut of tomatoes. The result is so delightful that it is sure to become a late summer tradition and much anticipated treat in the pantry.