Monday, January 17, 2011

Reminiscing..... to indulge in enjoyable recollection of past events.

It is raining cats and dogs today so i have been browsing through some of my old photos from the last two or three years. I thought i would share some of my favourite photos with you.

Starting with a super cutey.!!!! This wee fella is my donkey Jake, he is a lot bigger than this now and lives with my parents down south. Sadly too large and altogether rascallish to live with me in the Sky Den.
Oh my he is handsome. My parents have three donkeys are my they are spoilt and loved. I do miss them (both the donkeys and my parents!).

Jake and his Mama


Have you ever been to Tunnel Beach in Dunedin, Otago? It is a magical place. After a trek down the hill you find a tunnel cut into the hillside, you follow the steps down and walk out into the loveliest cove. Very popular in the summer. The beach has a tragic story behind it... In the 1870s workmen employed by John Cargill, a son of Captain William Cargill, excavated a tunnel down to a secluded beach so that the Cargill families could bathe in privacy. Story sourced from here.
I do believe that Captain Cargill's daughter tragically drowned at Tunnel Beach. That may just be a local legend though.

Mr. Fox halfway down the track to Tunnel Bea


These photos were taken on January 1st 2010, it was a great day to visit Tunnel Beach. Photos can't really capture how wonderful it really is.




Here comes the Snow!!

This photo was taken when my family celebrated Mama Fox's Birthday on-board the Taieri Gorge Railway Train. It was a winters day.....as we reached the top of the gorge a huge cloud filled with snow came rolling in. It was so much fun to be on-board such a wonderful old train all safe, snug and together watching the snow fall! I highly recommend the trip, I have been on the train trip three times and would go again. It is amazing.

Well that's enough tripping down memory lane, housework and dinner beckons!!

No comments:

Post a Comment