Thursday, October 27, 2011

Secret crafting and a few finished projects

Now that Christmas is not too far away the secret crafting has begun. Not so good for blogging but super fun all the same. A few more craft projects have been finished this month ( I always have multiple projects on the go at once!!) some I completely forgot to photograph and some I can't reveal until after Christmas.
There has been an exciting new addition to the den.......an over-locker!!! A great find on Trademe and a happy little addition to the crafting family. After a service it runs like a dream and is already helping to save time on some sewing projects...woohoo.
New addition to the Foxy family
I made a summer skirt from some gorgeous material Ma Fox had thrifted. It was super quick to make and I learnt how to do french seams too. Its perfect for the warmer days and is such a fun print. I think it may be the only purple this little fox has in her wardrobe. Just need to work on a tan now!....fake tan of course.
Oh la la spring skirt
I have a new knitting pattern addiction...have made four hats so far! It is a pattern I found on this lovely blog Na Vlne. The pattern is called the " CAPUCINE" and is a lovely pattern to knit and wear. So snuggly and the tassels...well who can resist tassels?  I used a couple of strands of 8ply wool and 5.5mm circular needles and the fit is just great. Have been wearing this new hat in the evenings as they are still a little crisp. I have sent one down to a friend in Dunedin...in bright colours for the winters that can be a little dreary at times.
Progress on CAPUCINE number one

I used my favourite yarn Sirdar's Eco Wool dk, 100% undyed virgin wool. It is lovely and soft and not itchy at all.  I have plans to cast on at least one more of these hats. What fun it is to knit in 3D. The shaping on the back of the hat is lovely makes for a perfect fit. The picture above shows the colours more accurately

CAPUCINE from NA VLNE
Another finished project is my rainbow shawl that I started way back in July. I posted about the pattern details in this post . I abandoned the original pattern as the changing the needle sizes to create textured stripes was not obvious due to the coloured yarn. Boy I am I disappointed that it is too warm to be wearing this out and about. The colours are rich and vibrant. No doubt they will be a cheerful addition to the winter wardrobe. Need to block the shawl again but I quite like that it curls a little. The size is great for tucking into a winter jacket.
Yummy shawl finished.....just in time for Summer!!LOL

Oh those colours!
I am working on another post for tommorrow.....just waiting for the sun to peek out from between the clouds so I can get some better picks of a couple of finished projects. More knitting and a little sewing. In the meantime I have the iron warming up and the sewing machine waiting for me :)
Happy crafting everyone xx

3 comments:

  1. gorgeous, gorgeous shawl and hat!!! you are so clever!!!! bet that overlocker is getting some workouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo how exciting that you have an overlocker!! Love all your latest projects - the skirt is very cute, bet it looks great on you too.
    Happy Christmas Crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your sweet comments. Hehe my overlocker has been used so much since I got it and now the weather is warming up so has the skirt!!

    ReplyDelete